1 - General
2 - Collection and use of Personal Information
In the course of using the Site and Services, you may provide us with your personal identifiable information. If you register for an Artupia account, you choose to provide us with your personal information and you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United Kingdom. We collect the following types of personal information to provide you with the use of and access to our website, application, services and tools, to help us personalize and improve your user experience.
We collect and store any information you enter on our sites or you provide to us in the context of using our sites, applications, services or tools. This may include:
- information you provide us when registering for an account, including name, surname, country, age, email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical contact information and Paypal information (such as card or Paypal account numbers);
- additional information you may provide to us via social media sites or services;
- information provided in the context of story-descriptions, chats, dispute resolution, or correspondence sent to us and additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as buying, selling, artworks you list and contents you generate or that relates to your account);
- postage, billing and other information you provide to purchase or post an artwork, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs;
We may also request that you provide certain information, such as your zip code and personal preferences, which is typically considered "Non-Identifying Information" because it cannot, by itself, be used to contact or identify you.
We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) primarily to provide and improve the Services, to complete your transactions and respond to your inquiries.
- provide you access to our site and the services and customer support you request;
- prevent, detect, and investigate, fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- contact you, either via email or telephone, to resolve dispute sand troubleshoot problems with your account or our site, services, application or tools, or for other purposes authorized by law;
- contact you, either via email or telephone to inform you about our services and, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences and in compliance with applicable regulations;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
3 - Mobile Privacy
We offer you the possibly to connect to our site, or use our application, services and tools using a mobile device, either through a mobile application or via a mobile optimized website. The provisions of this User Privacy Notice apply to all such mobile access and use of mobile devices. This User Privacy Notice will be referenced by all such mobile applications or mobile optimized websites.
When you download or use our mobile applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may collect information about you and your mobile device as discussed above in this notice. This may include geo-location information we may use to provide you with location based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content as authorized by you and your device. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
4 - Divulgation of Personal Information
We divulgate personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed only in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We may also share your personal information with:
- members of the Artupia Ltd to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, tools, services and communications;
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, purchase collection, affiliate and rewards programs, website operations, and co-branded credit cards).
- the third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- law enforcement or regulatory agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Artupia user to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state or province, provincial postal code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints and listing history.
While we use contractual and other measures to ensure protection of personal information, the laws and regulations relating to privacy and personal information protection in other jurisdictions may not be the same as, or similar to, your local privacy laws. The governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies in these other jurisdictions may be able to request disclosure of personal information through the laws of these countries. In an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm, financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or otherwise keep the community free from bad actors.
5 - Displaying Personal Information on Artupia
Your User ID is displayed throughout Artupia (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your Artupia activity. Other people can see your purchases, artworks on sale and the users you follow. Other users can also see any information you chose to share in your profile. Policies sent to other community users about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to User IDs and specific artworks. So, if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your Artupia activities.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Artupia password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Artupia and change your password.
Artupia enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions and collect payments. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use another user’s personal information only for:
- Artupia transaction related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- using services offered through Artupia (such as shipping and fraud complaints); or
- specific purposes to which the user expressly chooses or consents to.
6 - Cookies and Web Beacon
We also use "web beacons,""pixel tags,""clear GIFs" or similar means on our Site. A Web Beacon is an electronic image, often a single pixel, embedded on web pages. Web Beacons are ordinarily not visible to users. Web Beacons allow us to count the number of users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services and to generate statistics about how our Site is used.
7 - Spam and Spyware
We and our users do not tolerate spam. To report Artupia-related spam or spoof emails to Artupia, please forward the email to support@Artupia.com. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community, we will not rent or sell that email address.
You are not licensed to add other Artupia users, even a user who has purchased an artwork from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
8 - Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by contacting us on Artupia. Generally, we will manually modify your personal information and we may verify your identity. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. In some cases, once you make a public posting on the site, you may not be able to change or remove it. However, we will honor any statutory right that you may have to erase or modify your personal information.
9 - Closing Your Account
Upon your request, and subject to the provisions in this section, we will close your account and, as soon as reasonably possible, remove your personal information so that it cannot be viewed by other users. Removal will be based on your account status and in accordance with applicable law. We may also close or deactivate inactive accounts, or accounts that are used in violation of our User Agreement.
In general, personal information from closed or inactive accounts will be deleted or rendered anonymous as soon as reasonably possibly after the account is closed or deactivated. Under certain circumstances, we may retain personal information from closed or inactive accounts for longer. Grounds for doing so would include; prevention of fraud, supply of fees, resolution of disputes, to enforce our Artupia User Agreement, or to otherwise take actions permitted by law. Under such circumstances this information will be kept as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations and services, and to comply with any applicable law.
10 - Personal Information Security
We store and process your personal information on our computers and our servers in the United Kingdom. The security of your Personal Information is important to Artupia. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) via the Site, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). In some cases, we also encrypt sensitive information where it is stored on our systems.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
11 - Third Parties
12 - Our Contact
You may contact us online at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us at: Artupia Ltd., 3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2RE.